Cinema Obscura is a monthly feature at From the Front Row, highlighting little-known films that I believe need a second look. The mission of Cinema Obscura is to bring attention to hidden gems and forgotten masterpieces from around the world that readers may not otherwise have had a chance to discover. This is an index of all films highlighted through Cinema Obscura.
- March 2018 - Revenge (Yermek Shinarbayev | Kazakhstan | 1989)
- April 2018 - The Little Girl of Hanoi (Hải Ninh | Vietnam | 1975)
- May 2018 - Three Songs About Lenin (Dziga Vertov | USSR | 1934)
- August 2018 - Manila in the Claws of Light (Lino Brocka | Philippines | 1975)
- September 2018 - Picture Snatcher (Lloyd Bacon | USA | 1933)
- September 2019 - A Report on the Party and Guests (Jan Němec | Czechoslovakia | 1966)
- November 2019 - Mark of the Vampire (Tod Browning | USA | 1935)